Component 1: UK Politics
Political Participation, students will study:
• democracy and participation, political parties, electoral systems, voting behaviour and the media.
2. Core Political Ideas, students will study:
• conservatism, liberalism, socialism.
Component 2: UK Government
1. UK Government, students will study:
• the constitution, parliament, Prime Minister and executive, relationships between the branches.
2. Non-core political ideas, students will study:
• one idea from the following: anarchism, ecologism, feminism, multiculturalism, nationalism.
Component 3: Comparative Politics
For USA (3A), students will study:
• the US Constitution and federalism, US Congress, US presidency, US Supreme Court and civil rights, democracy and participation, comparative theories.